1. We are committed to protecting the privacy and the confidentiality of the personal information of visitors to our Website. We undertake to ensure that all personal information in our possession is processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. We collect personal information (such as your name, contact details, credit card information) that you supply to us. Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us, make a booking with us, and purchase items from us, including merchandise and e-tickets, or make a donation to us. We will update your information whenever we get the opportunity to keep it current, accurate and complete.
3. Any information you provide when booking with us, buying merchandise, e-tickets and other products will be used for British Motor Museum, BMIHC and BMIHT purposes only. From time to time we may send you information from other organisations which we think may be of interest to you. We may also disclose your information to companies who act as “data processors” on our behalf, some of whom may be outside the UK/EEA. However we do not sell, rent or otherwise distribute any personal information to third parties.
4. You may indicate your preference for receiving direct marketing by telephone, post or by e-mail, from us or any partner organisations with whom we may work. You will be given the opportunity on every communication we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material. You may, in addition, indicate your preference regarding receiving third party direct marketing material. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
5. The credit card information you give for any online transaction is used solely for the purpose of processing that transaction.
6. You have the right to ask in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. For this service email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data that lists which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
2. Our marketing emails may contain cookies to tell us whether our emails are opened and verify any clicks through to links within the email. We may use this information for determining which of our emails are more interesting to users in order to improve the content of our emails over time.
3. We use third parties, including Google Analytics, to collect anonymous user information. To learn more about how we use a third party service to collect and use information Click here to learn more about how we use a third party service to collect and use information.
4. Flash cookies may be used to store user preferences for media player functionality and without them some video content may not render correctly.
5. You can turn cookies off but but please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of our website do not work properly. You will, however, still be able to view site content.
For more information about cookies and managing them, including how to turn them off, please visit the www.allaboutcookies.org
Measuring website usage (Google analytics)
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to make sure it’s meeting its users’ needs and to understand how we could do it better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. They do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
How we protect your information
We use up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We have appropriate security measures in place in to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you via our websites. However please be aware that the internet is not a 100% secure medium of communication. The British Motor Industry Heritage Trust cannot therefore guarantee the security of any information you input on the website or send to us on the internet. The British Motor Industry Heritage Trust is not, and will not be, responsible for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.