These terms and conditions are issued by the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust on behalf of the British Motor Museum. Registered in England and Wales No. 1690117. Registered office British Motor Museum, Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warwickshire CV35 0BJ. For our other contact details, please see our contacts page.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We reserve the right to change these terms at any time. The terms displayed on the site when you visit will be the terms that apply to you for that visit.
Admission Terms & Conditions
TICKET TERMS & CONDITIONS
- All tickets and administration fees are non-refundable except where stated below and carry an expiration date.
- Lost or stolen advance tickets can only be replaced prior to the event and will incur an administration fee. If not dealt with prior to the event, a full priced ticket will need to be purchased on the day. In order to then request a refund the receipt for this ticket, along with proof of the advance ticket purchase (order confirmation) should then be sent to: Lifelong Learning, British Motor Museum, Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warwickshire, CV35 0BJ.
- Children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult who has also purchased a ticket to the Museum.
- British Motor Industry Heritage Trust (BMIHT) reserves the right to cancel any event/close the Museum due to unforeseen circumstances, in which case tickets and any administration fees will be refunded.
- With the exception of guide/assistance dogs, we regret that pets are not permitted anywhere in the Museum or Collections Centre. Dogs are however permitted in the grounds, but must at all times be kept on a lead not exceeding 3 metres. Owners are required to clear up after their pets and dispose of any waste in a sealed bag. Dogs should not be left in hot or unventilated cars.
- The site speed limit is strictly 15 mph and must be adhered to.
- BMIHT does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss, theft or personal injury under any circumstances except where caused solely by BMIHT negligence and advise that valuables should not be left unattended.
- Your attendance and participation is conditional on you following all instructions regarding health and safety at all times during the day.
- BMIHT reserves the right to refuse admission or eject visitors should any breach of BMIHT Rules and Regulations occur.
GIFT AID TERMS & CONDITIONS
If, instead of paying our normal admission charge, you choose to make the British Motor Museum a gift of the same amount, we will give you FREE admission for a year (excluding 5 special event days). The government will then give us an extra 25% on top of your donation.
In order for you to make a Gift Aid Donation you must:
- Be paying for yourself or your family to visit the British Motor Museum
- Expect in the current tax year to pay Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax at least equal to the tax the charity reclaims on your donation
- Gift Aid Season Tickets cannot be used in conjunction with Tesco Clubcard Deals Tokens, Annual Memberships or any other promotional vouchers
- The Gift Aid season ticket is not valid on 5 Special Show Days per year – see dates here
- Gift Aid tickets are non-transferable and ID may be requested
- Gift Aid tickets cannot be purchased for anyone other than the purchaser therefore cannot be given as a gift
VOUCHER TERMS & CONDITIONS
Voucher - £2 off Museum admission per person for up to 5 people
- Only one voucher per transaction
- Must be used by the valid to date
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer – Group, Family ticket, Education, Advance, Tesco Clubcard deals or GiftAid tickets
- Not valid on 5 Special Show Days per year – see dates here
Any dispute or claim concerning or arising from this website is to be determined in accordance with the law of England and Wales, and the courts of England and Wales are to have exclusive jurisdiction in determining such disputes or claims.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
These rules apply to all prize competitions run by the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust, unless otherwise stated on the website.
- The competition is open to residents of the UK, aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust or British Motor Industry Heritage Centre Ltd and their families.
- Only one entry per household is permitted.
- The prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- The British Motor Industry Heritage Trust accepts no responsibility for entries that are not received.
- All entries must be made in accordance with the rules and must be received by the closing date. Entries made otherwise shall be invalid. The British Motor Industry Heritage Trust accepts no responsibility or liability for any lost, damaged or incomplete entries and all such entries will be deemed invalid.
- The British Motor Industry Heritage Trust reserves the right to substitute the prize for another prize of equal value.
- Prize-winners will receive their prize within 6 weeks of notification unless otherwise specified on the website.
- The British Motor Industry Heritage Trust will not be liable if a prize does not reach a prize-winner for any reason outside its control or if a prize is damaged during delivery.
- By entering the promotion, the winner consents to any publicity generated as a result of the promotion, and use on the website at any time.
- Where relevant, all taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses are, unless otherwise specifically stated, the responsibility of the prize-winner.
- In all instances, the decision of the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Your use of this website
The copyright and other intellectual property rights in all content included on this site is either owned by us or acknowledged by us. You may use the material on this website for your own private study, non-commercial research, and non-commercial instructional or educational purposes (including use on an educational intranet restricted to authenticated users). You may not use any content on this site for any other purpose without our prior written consent. Examples of prohibited use include (without limitation):
- Reproducing any content for commercial purposes; or
- Inclusion of any content on any other website (whether commercial or not).
All rights enquiries should be directed to our Archive Department
t: 01926 645124
You must not use this site to transmit or upload or otherwise publish:
- any material that is defamatory, abusive, obscene, of a harassing nature or in any other way offensive; or
- material that infringes anyone else’s copyright or other intellectual property rights, or that infringes any right of privacy, confidentiality or legal privilege.
MISUSE OF SITE
You agree not to use any mechanism, device, software, script or routine to affect the proper functioning of the site. You agree not take any action that places an unreasonable burden or excessive load on our system(s). You agree not to infect the site with any computer programming routine (e.g. any virus, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or trojan horse) that may damage, interfere with, delay, intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You do not need our permission to link directly to pages on this site. However:
- Pages from this site must load into the user’s entire window without being “framed” in any way by other content;
- You may not incorporate content (for example, an individual image) into any page on your website without our prior written consent;
Please email us at email@example.com to inform us of a new link.
- For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
- We use third parties to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons. Click here to learn more about how we use a third party service to collect and use information.
- Flash cookies may be used to store user preferences for media player functionality and without them some video content may not render correctly.
- You can turn cookies off but if you do this you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other intrusive messages, as we won’t be able to limit what you see using cookies. You will, however, still be able to view site content.
Our website liability to you
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Any links to third party websites are provided to you only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of that website, and we are not liable for the content of any site to which we link.
Every effort has been made to ensure we have the rights to display all material included on this website. However if you believe any material is being used in breach of copyright, please contact the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust e: firstname.lastname@example.org: 01926 641124
ACCURACY OF CONTENT
We take reasonable care to ensure that the information appearing on this site is accurate and up-to-date. However, errors and omissions do occur, and you should not take the accuracy of the information for granted, but should check directly with us using the contact details provided on this site. None of the material contained in this site is to be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
This site is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from use of this site. Examples of loss or damage for which we are not liable include (but are not limited to) any loss or damage resulting from:
- Your reliance on or use of any information or material obtained either directly or indirectly from the use of this site;
- The transmission, reception or use by any person of information by about or to you;
- Any inaccuracies in any information on this site; or
- The unavailability of this site