We aim to make everyone's visit enjoyable and work to ensure a welcoming experience for the widest possible audience.
On this page you can find useful information regarding access and your visit to the Museum.
We have created an Access Video to help you prepare for your visit to the Museum.
The list below covers the main facilities which the Museum offers.
- There is lift access to all floors and there are level floors within the Museum, Café and Collections Centre.
- Accessible toilets can be found on all levels of the main building and downstairs in the Collections Centre.
- Baby changing facilities are on the ground floor of the Museum.
- Push along cars: swap your pushchairs for our push along cars located next to the Museum Pay Desk.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available free of charge from the Museum Pay Desk. If you require a wheelchair for your visit we recommend you contact us to check availability on 01926 895300 or email email@example.com. We can then reserve the wheelchair once we have confirmation that you have purchased your ticket. Visitors are welcome to request a wheelchair upon arrival but we cannot guarantee one will always be available.
- Guide or Assistance Dogs are welcome.
- Portable Induction Loops are available from the Museum Pay Desk or Conference Reception.
- Ear defenders are free and can be collected from the Family activity station
- Quieter times - we are often quieter from 3pm–5pm on weekdays, if you would like to visit when there are fewer people around.
If you have any questions about access, our facilities or you have special requirements please call us on 01926 895300 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, download our Access Guide here.
We have created a downloadable Visual Story to help you prepare for your visit to the Museum. This guide will walk you through a visit, showing you what you can expect. If you require ALT text, you will need to download the PDF and open it in a suitable reader.
Carers enter free when accompanying a paying visitor with additional needs.
Touch and Access Tours
We offer sensory guided Touch and Access Tours of the Museum with one of our expert guides who can help bring our collection to life. Visitors can pre-book a tour by calling 01926 895295 (Mon-Fri) or emailing email@example.com.
Touch tours can be offered on the day but this is subject to staff availability.
There is ample parking available on site for all visitors. Please follow the blue and white signs for accessible Museum Parking which will take you to the designated parking area.
Electric Vehicle charging points
For information on Electric Vehicle charging points, please click here.
Parking on Show Days
On show days, our accessible parking is moved to ensure it is closest to the show entrance, which is usually at the top of the site. Should you require any assistance on event days, please inform a member of staff when you arrive and they can arrange for a shuttle down to the Museum.
Drop Off Point
There is a drop off point just outside the Museum entrance located on the left hand side of the road.
Dogs are NOT allowed into the Museum or Collections Centre, with the exception of Guide or Assistance Dogs which are allowed. Dogs are however permitted outside within the Museum grounds, but they must be kept on a lead at all times and all mess picked up and disposed of. They should not be left in hot or unventilated cars.
Help us to improve
We are always looking at ways to improve access to the Museum and value your feedback. If there is something that you feel could reasonably be improved, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.