After the Great War, Vauxhall was working on a smaller and cheaper alternative to the 30-98. The M-type was the first Vauxhall car to have a detachable cylinder head and was launched at the 1921 Olympia Motor Show.
The M-type, also known as the Vauxhall 14, featured a three-speed, in-unit gearbox and rear-wheel brakes as standard. Later models were fitted with a four-speed gearbox. The front left door would ordinarily house a tool kit.
To keep competitive and reduce costs, extensive use of aluminium, and disc wheels as the standard (with optional upgrades to wire wheels as shown on this model).
There were several different body styles available on the M-type. The example here is the most commonly produced, four-door Princeton tourer.