The 1907 10 hp was Riley's first front engine model. The engine was a 90 degree, two-cylinder, V-twin. The chassis was conventional, with semi-elliptic springs providing the suspension.
The distinctive oval radiator was a Riley trademark for a number of years before the more famous diamond badge was introduced and because of this it is known as a 'barrel-nosed' model.
The 10 hp was only offered in two-seater form but a glamorous alternative to this standard model was a rakish, low-built, 'semi-racing' or 'speed' model. Both models continued in production until 1914. They were due to be replaced by four cylinder cars but all civilian motor vehicle manufacture was interrupted by the demands of World War One.