The Morris distributor for Wales, H R Wellsteed, had this remarkable special built in 1925 using a modified Morris Oxford chassis and a tuned engine.
The famous 'Bullnose' radiator was fitted with a streamlined cowl, the artillery wheels were replaced by wire wheels and the whole ensemble was finished with a racing body which had earlier been fitted to a Gwynne Eight chassis.
The 'Red Flash' was built with racing at Brooklands in mind. It had excellent performance and did a standing lap at over 78 mph.
The car was for many years retained by the Wellsteed family and took part in the Motor Industry Jubilee Cavalcade at Cardiff in 1946. It was donated to Morris Motors Limited in 1961.