MGA made its debut in September 1955. The MGA Twin-Cam model had a specially developed version of the B series engine with two overhead camshafts. The chassis specification was uprated, with Dunlop disc brakes fitted to all four wheels. Just 2,111 Twin-Cam MGAs were made before the model was discontinued in 1960.
This left hand drive MGA display car appeared on MG's stand at the 1958 London Motor Show. It was sectioned for the show and finished in Sandy Gold, Powder Blue roof with a Citrus Yellow interior. It was subsequently cut away even more and painted in an array of nonstandard colours, as a technical demonstration for apprentices and students alike.
In 2012/3 the Trust's volunteers stripped down, restored and repainted the car over a period of eight months, retaining some of the unusual livery that the car has acquired over its lifetime.