The MG Magnette ZA was introduced at the 1953 Motor Show, the first MG to have a unitary construction body and to carry the new B-series engine.
The ZA version was replaced in 1956 by the ZB with a more powerful engine and cosmetic retouches. The later car was also available as the 'Varitone' with a panoramic rear window and two-tone paint.
The Magnette was always very popular and by the time it went out of production in late 1958, 36,000 had been made. This particular car has completed only 8,500 miles from new and is thought to be the best extant example of this model in its original condition.