The TF, produced from 1953 to 1955, was the last classic MG sports car. Basically similar to the previous TD, it used the same chassis, suspension and XPAG-type engine.
The T-series began with the 1936 TA, the first Midget with a push-rod OHV engine instead of the previous OHC unit. The XPAG engine came with the 1939 TB, and the 1950 TD model had independent front suspension and small disc wheels.
MGs TA, TB, TC, TD and TF shared a 7ft 10in wheelbase and all were Midgets, a name which disappeared when the MGA was launched to replace the TF but reappeared on a new car in 1961. Total production of the TF reached 9,600.