The PA-type Midget was introduced in March 1934 and manufactured until October 1935. Some 2000 PAs were made, with two or four seater open bodywork, plus a few examples of the elegant Airline coupé. The model was replaced by the PB-type, with its larger capacity engine.
The PA had a single overhead camshaft engine derived from that in the 1928 Morris Minor, a cross-flow cylinder head and twin SU carburettors.
The chassis on show was made in November 1934 as an ordinary production model and later acquired by the Lancashire Police Constabulary, who used MGs as patrol cars. The Constabulary's Motor Driving School prepared the chassis as a display unit for instruction purposes.