In 1958-59, BMC introduced a range of Farina-styled family saloons under five different 'badges' - Austin, Morris, Wolseley, Riley and MG. The Austin version was the A55 Cambridge Mark II which in 1961 was restyled and became the A60 Cambridge.
The A60 was a conventional design to appeal to the conservative buyer who wanted an up-market but dignified family saloon and was prepared to pay a slightly higher price.
The Cambridge continued in production until 1969 when it was replaced by the Austin Maxi. Although BMC's market position was eroded by newcomers such as Ford's Cortina, total production of the A60 range was around 276,000, including the diesel version and the estate models.