The A6 was manufactured from 1906 to 1912 and by any standards was a large, lively and luxurious car. The chassis, with its pressed steel channel-section side members, leaf spring suspension and final drive by chain, was typical of previous Albion engineering. On the other hand, the big 5.6 litre side-valve engine was impressively new.
The engine had four separate cylinder barrels and a T-head with side valves on each side. The A6 was a completely different breed of car to the original Albion A1, with very modern handling and performance for the time. Nevertheless, demand for the cars was low, possibly because they were not extensively marketed outside Scotland.
In 1913, with their commercial vehicle business booming as never before, Albion elected to drop private car production altogether. This particular car was registered in Renfrewshire, Scotland, where it spent its early years. After the Second World War, Albion Motors reacquired the car and restored it. For many years it was used as a promotional vehicle and was a common sight at events and rallies in Scotland.