The A30 was introduced at the 1951 Motor Show and carried the famous 'Seven' name because it was the first new post-war Austin small car and it was the first Austin to use unitary construction.
It was also the first car to use the OHV engine later known as the BMC A-series. The A30 was originally only offered as a four-door saloon but a two-door was introduced in 1953, followed by a 'Countryman' estate and a van.
After 223,000 A30s were built, it was replaced by the very similar A35 in 1956. Despite competition from the Morris Minor, the little Austin will be remembered for its outstanding economy and reliability.