After World War Two, Alvis concentrated on military vehicle sales. Their only new post-war car design started life as the 3-litre TA 21 in 1950. With a new 6 cylinder engine and independent front suspension, it was available in both saloon or convertible form.
In the 1950s, Alvis marketed a limited run with a body designed by Swiss coachbuilders Graber. Demand was so high that production was moved to Coventry, England, and with various mechanical and equipment updates the car finally became the TF 21, the final model in the series.
The TE21 was the last but one model in the series. In 1965 Alvis was taken over by Rover and two years later car production was stopped and the firm's output became purely military.