The Ten chassis was based on the design of the earlier Stellite light car but made of pressed steel rather than wood. It had a three-speed gearbox built together with the worm-driven back axle.
The engine was a new overhead camshaft design, inspired by the Hispano-Suiza aero engine which Wolseley had built under licence as the Wolseley Viper during World War One. This engine was the basis of power units used in Wolseley, MG and some Morris Minor models up to 1936.
The title 'Doctor's coupe' was an advertising ploy, designed to suggest that this type of coachwork was ideal for the professional man, such as a doctor doing his rounds.