One of Wolseley's last products before Austin left to found his own company in 1905, this is a very early production model, with an open two seater body and a 6hp single cylinder engine.
The car has a chain drive to the rear, with rear braking comprising friction belts binding on the rear axle. Steering is by worm and wheel, and the horizontal engine is fed by gravity from the tank and controlled by a hand-operated throttle. The clutch and brake pedals are reversed, with the clutch on the right and the brake on the left.
Unlike Wolseley's other models, the 6hp was assembled at the Maxim factory in Crayford, Kent, owned by the then parent company, Vickers.