The Riley Nine of 1926 immediately became a benchmark in the light car class. Its all-new engine featured hemispherical combustion chambers with overhead valves in a 90 degree V.
With excellent performance for its size, it was available as sports saloons or open bodies. The Nine continued until 1938 and, with more than 31,000 made, was the most popular pre-war Riley.
This Riley Kestrel sports saloon belonged to an RAF Wing Commander and in 1953 was purchased by Miss Goodall who not only used the Riley as her everyday transport but drove all over Britain.
The car is unspoilt, retaining many original features. After Miss Goodall's death, the car was donated by her travelling companion and 'co-driver', Miss Hilda Merlane.