This was Riley's first production car, produced between 1905 and 1910. The gearbox and a V-twin engine were positioned under the seat and there was chain drive to the rear axle. The chassis was a tubular frame, suspended on quarter-elliptic leaf springs all round.
This car features the company's patented detachable wire wheels. Despite Edwardian motorists believing the wheels would fall off, Riley built up a flourishing business supplying many of their competitors.
One of these Rileys made fastest time in nine hill-climbs in 1907, often driven by Victor Riley. The V-twin engine was very versatile, powering the company's own cars and tri-cars, as well as rail cars, special terrain-going vehicles for India and even a two-ton truck.