This sectioned car demonstrates what the Mini is all about - superb space utilisation, giving room for four passengers and their luggage in a car which is only ten feet. With the transverse engine, only 25% of the length of the car is allocated to the power unit, leaving 75% for the occupants.
The radiator is in the front arch, the suspension tucked away in subframes and the rear suspension does not intrude into the boot. The small wheels were almost as revolutionary as the car itself, a key element in reducing the dimensions of the car.
Also visible is Alex Moulton's Hydrolastic suspension, employing gas and fluid, giving a supple ride over the bumpiest roads.