This summer, we have some more colourful activities for you to enjoy together at home!
Listen to Professor Pickle and Doctor Pumpkin who have all the details of how you can get involved with our 'Colour in the Collection' themed activities.
Try our fun, colourful activities to keep the family entertained this summer
The Collections Centre
FREE activities to do at home. If you can, please make a small donation.
Follow in Sir Isaac Newton’s footsteps and get experimenting with our super science of colour craft activity - the colour wheel. Those who are feeling more artistic could even try our colour by numbers activity.
Find all of the activities in the tabs below – don’t forget to share your colourful creations with us on social media using the hashtag #BMMSummerActivities
Dr Pumpkin has some great science of colour for you to get involved in. But first it’s time to get creative!
You will need:
String (60cm long)
Felt tips (red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple)
Something round (e.g. a glass).
Ask an adult before you take any items and make sure you put something down on the table to ensure you don’t make a mess!
Be careful with the scissors and get an adult to help.
How to Make:
1. Get your piece of cardboard and, using a pencil and a round object, draw a circle onto the card. Do the same on the white paper.
2. With an adult’s help cut out the two circles out using scissors.
3. Glue the two circles together.
4. Using your ruler mark the centre of the circle on the white side and then divide the circle into six equal parts. You may need an adult's help with this.
5. Next, grab your felt tips and colour in the segments making sure you colour it in order of red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
6. With the help of an adult, make two holes either side of the centre of the wheel.
7. Grab a piece of string and make sure it's at least 60cm long using your ruler. Thread this through the two holes in your colour wheel and tie the two ends together.
Have a go at our colour by numbers sheet - the 1966 Mini and the Red Hot Mini.
These images come from our amazing Archive.
Download the 1966 mini here.
Download the Red Hot mini here.
Have a go at one of our Jigsaws! The images come from our amazing Archive.
Click on the links below to take you to the jigsaw.
Click here to try a jigsaw of a Jamiro Mini!
Click here to try a jigsaw of a David Bowie Designer Mini!
Tickets booked via telephone are subject to a £2.50 booking fee.There is no fee for online bookings.
This summer, we have some more colourful online activities for you to enjoy together at home!
Find Out More