Our Customer Commitment to you
We know that it is hard to plan when things are changing on a day-by-day basis. So we are revising our event contracts and terms and conditions to allow customers flexibility. For any new meetings or events confirmed with us moving forwards, we promise that should they subsequently be unable to go ahead due to COVID-19 we will transfer your booking to a mutually agreeable future date, penalty-free and at the agreed previous rates.
Socially Distanced Meetings
Limiting the number of events and introducing strict social distancing measures to protect everyone.
- We will be limiting the number of events each day in order for the flow of delegates to be managed around the site and ensure social distancing can take place
- Where possible we will provide each event with a dedicated entrance and provide clear signage for delegates on arrival to the Museum, advising them which entrance to use
- Information will be displayed at all entrances advising of measures in place to keep our visitors safe
- There will be floor markers throughout the venue to show the social distancing that should be abided by in all communal areas
- Reduced room capacities to ensure delegates can maintain social distancing and our team can suggest alternative layouts that are more suited to social distancing
- Where appropriate a “one way” system will be put in place for delegates to navigate their way around the event spaces
- We will encourage organisers to send delegate badges and delegate packs direct to delegates before the event or use an online registration system to minimise queuing at registration desks
- Attendees must wear a face mask at all times except when eating & drinking
- We will work with event organisers to ensure they advise delegates not to attend the event if they display any symptoms of COVID 19
- Increased the fresh air ventilation in all spaces
- Stationery such as pads, pens and flip charts will be removed from all rooms and only provided upon request
The same quality of food with increased safety and minimal contact.
- Although our catering offering may be served a little differently for the time being please be rest assured our Chefs are dedicated to still providing you with the same quality food
- Each of our fully qualified chefs are trained in advanced food hygiene
- All refreshments breaks will be served at a specified time agreed prior to the event
- Refreshments breaks will be served at staggered times with refreshments served in a safe manner observing social distancing
- Arrival, mid-morning and afternoon snacks with be served in sealed bags
- We have a variety of lunch menus available ranging from premium grab bags, gourmet salad boxes to bowl food. These menus have been written with social distancing at the forefront; limiting contact with our staff members and any service utensils. To see a copy of our menus please contact our conference team who will be happy to help.
- We will provide a breakout area for your delegates to enjoy their refreshments with social distancing measures in place.
- Tables and chairs will be sanitised frequently
Hygiene and Cleaning Regimes
We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of the centre. Cleaning regimes will be increased further with regular sanitisation of touch points.
- Hand Sanitiser stations are available throughout the building
- Social distancing measures are being put in place for the safe usage of the washrooms
- Safety screens installed in high contact areas, such as Conference Reception and Museum pay points
- A deep clean of conference rooms and AV equipment will be completed in between clients
Technology to plan and support your event
- Our 1GB Wi-fi, with a 100Mb connection back up is included as part of your meeting package allowing you the confidence to run video conferencing for guests speakers or to relay your event to other rooms or venues
- We can provide a hard-wired connection to every room, to ensure reliability
- We have IT support on-site and at no additional cost
- We can provide additional rooms to support video /relay conferencing, so that more people can attend your conference safely
- Most of our spaces have virtual tours available to help you start planning your next event or to share with your delegates before your event.
This commitment will be reviewed on an ongoing basis to reflect the government and NHS guidance on this Covid-19 pandemic. A full COVID 19 operation policy and risk assessment will be available on request.
Our virtual tour is available for you to view our events space and to help you start planning your next event. Our team would be delighted to talk you through this and explain how your event can work here at The British Motor Museum.
If you have any questions, or just fancy a chat, please do contact a member of our Conference Team.
t: 01926 649649
A short video of our safe meetings & hybrid facilities